Mer gets a list of spelling words each week, she gets tested on them on Friday's.
I've been using the fluorescent colored index cards, cutting them in half and writing her spelling words on them. I stick them up around the house in area's at her eye level...one on the bathroom mirror, the back of the front door, the refrig door, and various other places so that she will see them all week long and continously be exposed to the words and the spelling of them.
When she comes home from school she can't wait to see where her words are for the week!
We save the prior weeks words and she tapes them into a "spelling spiral" to keep for review, again, more word exposure...use and discussion about them between her and I.
This entry was posted
on Monday, September 10, 2007
and is filed under
mer,
school
.
You can leave a response
and follow any responses to this entry through the
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.